Prohibiting all unaided private schools in the capital from charging capitation fees and screening aspirants for nursery admission, the Directorate of Education (DoE) has issued an order that makes schools liable to pay a fine “which may extend up to 10 times of the fee charged” in case they are found taking donations.
The DoE order states,”All unaided private recognised schools of the capital are directed to comply with the provisions of Right to Education Act, 2009, in letter and spirit and not to indulge in the practice of demanding and accepting donation/capitation fee of any kind, directly or indirectly, while admitting a child, from parents.”
Section 13(2) of the Right to Education Act says that no school or person, while admitting a child, can collect any capitation fee and subject the child or parents or guardian to any screening. Any school contravening the provision “shall be punishable with fine which may extend up to ten times of the capitation fee charged”.
It further cites a Delhi High Court order which says, “It is common knowledge that though there is obligation on the state to provide free and compulsory education to children and the corresponding responsibility of the institution to afford the same, educational institutions cannot be allowed to run as ‘teaching shops’ as the same would be detrimental to equal opportunity to children”, warning of stern action in case of violation.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review