Easy Rider (1969) is what reminds me of freedom. This film about two bikers has a spirit that reminds one of the fragility of things. Things go on smoothly and then ‘bam’, it just hits you towards the end. Appupen aka George Mathen, Graphic novelist
The image of Forrest Gump “running like the wind” (in Hollywood film of the same name) because he felt like it, is freedom personified for me.
Keshav Dhar, Guitarist
The word freedom reminds me of Me & Bobby Mcgee, the famous song by American singer-songwriter Janis Joplin. The line that makes the most sense in the posthumous number one single is Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose/ Nothing don’t mean nothing honey if it ain’t free, now now.
Rahul Ram, Musician
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In Rockstar, Ranbir Kapoor quotes Rumi, ‘Pata hai, yaha se bohot door galat aur sahi ke paar, ek maidan hai. Main waha milunga tujhe’ in a scene. This, according to me, is most relatable to the idea of freedom. Pure love defines freedom and that’s what I felt when I heard this line in the film and I keep going back to it. It’s on top of my mood-board, in fact.
Rahul Mishra, Fashion designer
In the last scene of Ankhon Dekhi, Raje Bauji (the protagonist, played by Sanjay Mishra) decides to jump off a high cliff and that depicts absolute freedom for me. When you choose your own way, unconcerned about what people think, and even if that means taking a drastic step — you’re truly free.
Sanjay Rajoura, Stand-up comic