The inspection of the Central Secretariat-Mandi House stretch, part of Phase III of the Delhi Metro network, by Metro railway safety officials has begun. Officials from the Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) are currently assessing the line, sources said.
“The deputies of CMRS are currently inspecting the line and will submit a report to the CMRS shortly, after which the CMRS himself will inspect it. After he clears it, the line will be opened for commuters,” a source said.
He added that it was “highly likely” that the entire process would be concluded before the end of this month.
The much-awaited stretch will be the first of the Phase III network to be opened for commuters. According to the DMRC, the opening of the stretch was supposed to be advanced by almost six months because it would lead to decongestion of Rajiv Chowk, as commuters wanting to change to the Dwarka-Noida City Centre/Vaishali (Blue) line from the Central Secretariat-Badarpur (Violet) line will be able to do it at Mandi House itself, instead of having to do it at Rajiv Chowk.
The stretch, which was slated to be opened by April first week, has already been delayed by almost two months on account of delayed construction work and the general elections.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
It passes through Janpath, where the new Janpath station has been beautified with multi-coloured artwork depicting Jantar Mantar. “The new Janpath station is very beautiful. The colour scheme, the decoration – a lot of things have been done for the first time on the Delhi Metro network,” a DMRC official said.