Delhi Police have discovered CCTV video footage from Ryan International School in which class 1 student, Divyansh Kakrora is seen playing on the school ground, a few minutes before his body was found in a water tank, said sources.
The footage shows Divyansh on the ground, playing for a while. He is seen wearing a blazer but he was also wearing spectacles, said sources. The time is about 12.16 pm. A few more students are seen in the video, but they are not seen interacting with Divyansh.
In another CCTV footage, at about 1.22 pm, he is seen unconscious on the lap of a staff member and other people run to another side, apparently in an effort to rush him to the doctor. According to Sub-Divisonal Magistrate’s report, Divyansh’s father was informed at 1.34 pm that his son was unwell.
- Pradyuman murder: CBI revisits school with juvenile, wraps up custodial questioning
- Ryan school murder case: CBI says juvenile got knife to school, weapon found in toilet days after murder
- Ryan school murder case: Told CBI a senior student could be involved, says Pradyuman's family
- CBI’s next step in Ryan school murder case: Take student to crime spot, knife shop, recreate what happened
- Ryan International School murder case: Haryana's case unravels, CBI detains class XI student, clears conductor
- Body of class 2 student found inside toilet at Gurgaon school, two detained; parents stage protest
Sources said the investigators are trying to ascertain how he reached the site of the tank where his body was recovered. Apart from these two vidoes, investigators have recovered some more footage from the CCTV installed inside the school premises. Deputy Commissioner of Police (south), Prem Nath confirmed that there was another collection of CCTV footages. “I have not seen the footage yet but my team is looking into it. Since the matter is under investigation, we cant disclose anything more at this stage.”
Sources said the family was also called to the police station and the footages were shown to them. In a few other videos, the boy is seen roaming around the school. The investigators have also tried to link the footage to the time at which they were recorded, to ascertain the people with him right before the incident is thought to have happened.
The police have also preserve the viscera and sent it to Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) for the test. They have also questioned at least 150 persons including children, teachers and other faculty members. “We are waiting for the viscera as well as other forensic reports, which will help in our investigation. As of now, over 150 people have been questioned,” said a police officer.
After the incident, a case of negligence causing death was registered at Vasant Kunj North police station. Police had arrested the principal and four other staff, five days after Divyansh Kakrora drowned in a water tank on the campus. The five were held on charges of negligence, and released on bail later, said the police.