At the 2014 Billboard Music Awards held in Las Vegas on May 18, international singing sensation Jennifer Lopez took to the stage to perform We are one, dressed in a shimmering gold-fringed outfit. Days later, at the Kiss Concert 2014, Lopez gyrated on stage in a purple metallic fringed number as she performed her hit single On the floor. While some international publications said she channelled Tina Turner, she definitely owed some share of her sizzle to the Falguni & Shane Peacock (FSP) ensembles she donned on both occasions, and not for the first time either. The Jenny from the block singer has worn similar fringed and tasseled numbers by Mumbai-based designers Falguni and Shane before and they seem to be a staple in her style arsenal. “We always love working with JLo and her team. They always welcome innovation. After the first time we dressed her for her American Idol performance, she trusts us to design something sexy and fierce that matches her style sensibility,” says Falguni.
But Lopez is just one in a long line of pop stars the duo has clothed for red carpet appearances, stage performances and music videos. With a client-list covering most of the pop princess pantheon — from Madonna, Lady Gaga and Rihanna to Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Fergie and Nicole Scherzinger — the Peacocks are fast acquiring a reputation for dressing songstresses.
While the trademark FSP style, replete with glamour, animal prints, feathers, crystals and studs, makes quite an edgy statement, when it comes to creating outfits for performances, comfort is key, they insist. “That’s why there is a lot of flow and movement in the outfits. Also, it is important to see how the outfit will look under the lights, whether the colours will go with the concept of the show,” she says.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
In comparison to styling music videos, designing stage outfits pose the bigger challenge, they say. “In live performances, there is no retake or second chance. If a crystal falls off from a costume during a music video, it is fine. But when it comes to a live concert, everything needs to be just perfect,” says Falguni.
This story appeared in print with the headline Rock Chic