There is clearly no dearth of music festivals in the country, and another one on the calendar won’t hurt anyone. And if it’s in Goa, we see no reason to complain. Titled “The New Wave (TNW) Festival of Asian Indie & Punk Music”, this two-day fest, like most others, celebrates the burgeoning independent music scene in the country. It will be held on November 15 and 16 at Verna, a go-karting track and is being organised by Mumbai-based music management company ennui.BOMB.
“The festival will address the Asian indie music scene and it’s all about increasing fan base, mobility and visibility of artistes and bands from India and other Asian countries such as Nepal, Burma, Japan, Malaysia and Thailand,” says Rishu Singh, Director and co-founder of ennui.BOMB. The festival offers three stages with around 50 artistes and a flea market, which will promote merchandise of bands
It’s a mish-mash of scene regulars from across the country including The Supersonics, The Circus, FuzzCulture, Laxmi Bomb and Bombay Bassment. “We want these bands that are the future of the scene to be the headliners,” says Singh, 36. The line-up of other Asian bands is equally interesting with Kyoto Protocol from Malaysia (they’ve opened for internationally-renowned bands such as The Killers and MGMT) headlining the festival along with Japanese act Shonen Knife.
To top it all, the ticket pricing, for once, did not make our heart sink. “The two-day tickets will be priced between Rs 1,000 and Rs 1,500. We want to make it an affordable experience,” says Singh. Visit: http://www.thenewwave.asia for details.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016