Riding high on the Narendra Modi wave,the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) stormed back to power in Delhi University after a gap of two years,winning three of the four seats in the students union. The results of the DUSU polls were announced on Saturday a day after Modi was declared BJPs PM candidate.
ABVP won the posts of president,vice-president and joint secretary while Congress-affiliated National Students Union of India (NSUI) won the post of the secretary. ABVPs Aman Awana became president by a margin of around 1,500 votes. ABVPs Utkarsh Choudhary and Raju Rawat were elected vice-president and joint secretary,respectively,while NSUIs Karishma Thakur bagged the secretary post.
As soon as news of ABVPs victory came out,shouts of Modi! Modi! and slogans like Desh ka PM kaisa ho,Narendra Modi jaisa ho reverberated at the Police Lines area in Kingsway Camp the counting venue. The ABVP took out a victory procession from the counting centre to the Arts Faculty,with supporters cheering and dancing to drum beats.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The Modi stamp had been all over the ABVP campaigning with posters on social media carrying large pictures of the Gujarat chief minister. Modi is a very able leader and he is extremely popular among the youth. I will definitely vote for him, Aman Awana said.
With Delhi Assembly polls round the corner and the Lok Sabha elections slated for next year,top BJP leaders were quick to acknowledge the victory of ABVP. While Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha chief Gaurav Khari joined in celebrations in North Campus on Saturday,Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel also turned up at the ABVP office to congratulate the students.
ABVP swept the DUSU polls after a gap of two years. In 2012,NSUI had won the top three posts in DUSU,while the post of joint-secretary was tied between ABVP and NSUI.
In 2010,the top three posts were bagged by ABVP,while NSUI won the joint-secretary post.