Riding high on the Narendra Modi wave,the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) stormed back to power in Delhi University after a gap of two years,winning three of the four seats in the students union. The results of the DUSU polls were announced on Saturday a day after Modi was declared BJPs PM candidate.
ABVP won the posts of president,vice-president and joint secretary while Congress-affiliated National Students Union of India (NSUI) won the post of the secretary. ABVPs Aman Awana became president by a margin of around 1,500 votes. ABVPs Utkarsh Choudhary and Raju Rawat were elected vice-president and joint secretary,respectively,while NSUIs Karishma Thakur bagged the secretary post.
As soon as news of ABVPs victory came out,shouts of Modi! Modi! and slogans like Desh ka PM kaisa ho,Narendra Modi jaisa ho reverberated at the Police Lines area in Kingsway Camp the counting venue. The ABVP took out a victory procession from the counting centre to the Arts Faculty,with supporters cheering and dancing to drum beats.
The Modi stamp had been all over the ABVP campaigning with posters on social media carrying large pictures of the Gujarat chief minister. Modi is a very able leader and he is extremely popular among the youth. I will definitely vote for him, Aman Awana said.
With Delhi Assembly polls round the corner and the Lok Sabha elections slated for next year,top BJP leaders were quick to acknowledge the victory of ABVP. While Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha chief Gaurav Khari joined in celebrations in North Campus on Saturday,Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel also turned up at the ABVP office to congratulate the students.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
ABVP swept the DUSU polls after a gap of two years. In 2012,NSUI had won the top three posts in DUSU,while the post of joint-secretary was tied between ABVP and NSUI.
In 2010,the top three posts were bagged by ABVP,while NSUI won the joint-secretary post.