The Special Investigation Team (SIT), which is probing the alleged ‘encounter’ in Sagar Ratna restaurant, reportedly received the autopsy report of Manoj Vashisht on Friday. The report has been prepared by three forensic experts of Lady Hardinge Medical College and Maulana Azad Medical College. However, Joint Commissioner of Police S K Gautam, who is heading the SIT, was not available for confirmation.
Sources said the report identified the three gunshot entry points – one behind the left temple above the ear, the second behind and adjacent to the right ear and third behind the waist.
- Autopsy report of Sherin Mathews handed over to attorneys of foster parents: Report
- CBI court summons three in death of Amity student 8 years ago
- Restaurant 'Encounter': Key member of SIT probing restaurant shooting removed
- Restaurant 'Encounter': Autopsy may show Vashisht died of head wound
- SIT reconstructs Manoj Vashisht's ‘encounter’ at Sagar Ratna
- Restaurant shootout: All 18 eyewitnesses unable to say who fired the first shot, says SIT
Sources said the autopsy was conducted on May 18. “The report also suggested that there was only one fatal injury – he died of excessive bleeding from the bullet that pierced his head,” a source said. The Special Cell had claimed that the bullet, fired by sub-inspector Bhoop Singh, might have grazed his lower back and hit a window pane.