The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) on Wednesday provided relief to thousands of residents of Karol Bagh, Daryaganj and Paharganj — whose leases had expired and could not be converted to freehold — by approving a proposal for implementation of freehold policy uniformly.
“A proposal has been approved for uniform implementation of freehold policy in all such cases, where the term leases have expired after payment of pro-rata premium,” an official said.
Moreover, it also approved a scheme to provide partial relief on outstanding penalty charges. “In order to provide relief to allottees, who could not make payment of monthly instalments on regular basis, a fresh penalty relief scheme has been approved by the authority. Under this scheme, the relief in penalty to the extent of 25 per cent will be available to applicants, who intend to clear outstanding dues such as interest, ground rent, etc., in one go. The scheme will be operative for six months from the date of announcement,” an official said.
Many cases of conversion from leasehold to freehold have also been pending for years owing to heavy misuse charges, which, at times, exceeded the cost of the plot or flat.
“In order to provide relief to such allottees and to facilitate conversion of the properties to freehold, a relief scheme has been approved by the authority. The policy on misuse charges was reviewed in view of various court cases. It was decided that a one-time relief scheme may be launched, wherein the maximum period for levying misuse charges will be restricted to five years from the date of detection of misuse. This will help people seeking conversion to pay misuse charges and get their properties converted speedily,” an official said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016