Retired IPS officer Kiran Bedi said she was now ready to become the chief ministerial nominee in Delhi, if the BJP made such an offer to her. Bedi, a former member of the Anna Hazare-led Jan Lokpal Andolan, had turned down the possibility prior to the Delhi Assembly elections last December. Bedi was a visible face of the Jan Lokpal campaign, which had a strong anti-political colour, standing shoulder to shoulder with AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal.
Having drifted apart from Kejriwal after his split with Hazare, Bedi had maintained she was “neutral”. But on Wednesday she said “her previous aversion to politics was now decreasing considerably”.
Speculation on whether Bedi was the BJP’s face for Delhi chief ministership arose when she tweeted, “I no more rule out entering Indian political service on capability basis. I am moving towards some flexibility in this”.
In response to whether she would consider being Chief Minister, if the BJP were to make an offer, Bedi told ANI, “If they ask me, then will accept it… had refused earlier when they asked, but now will accept.”
Speaking to CNN IBN, Bedi said, “I won’t join the Congress. I will, in time, join the BJP because I want to see Lutyens’ Delhi connected with the rest of India and serve in the Delhi Assembly. In September, I had begun tweeting and had said when Modi speaks, others should go to school. I knew this was a leader who looked to the future.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Despite Bedi’s posturing, BJP’s CM candidate in the Assembly polls Harsh Vardhan said, “It is a non-issue. There are no such talks in the party,” he said.