All the three major parties in Delhi — the Congress, the BJP and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) — on Thursday said they were ready for fresh elections.
“We have always said that this is a matter for the Lt-Governor and the President in their wisdom to decide as to when Delhi should go to polls. We do not want to respond to accusations that parties like the AAP make all the time, but the fact of the matter is that our stand has always been consistent on this matter — parties themselves have no role. As and when polls are called, the BJP will be ready for them and people will support the party,” Harsh Vardhan, BJP’s chief ministerial nominee for the Assembly polls last year and now its candidate from Chandni Chowk Lok Sabha seat, said.
Arvinder Singh Lovely, Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee chief, too said his party was ready for polls whenever they were held. “The Congress has never said that it does not want re-elections in Delhi and will be prepared any time,” he said.
A senior AAP leader said, “While it is true that the court has given no judgement for or against the Lt-Governor’s decision, the court itself has said that nothing which furthers political horse-trading should happen. The best way forward is if the Governor calls for fresh elections immediately, and we are in favour of this eventuality. The court has said that there is no impediment to dissolving the Assembly and the AAP is ready for elections whenever they are called.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More