A producer with Rajya Sabha TV was found dead in the basement parking of her apartment complex in Vaishali on Monday night.
“The family members of the woman, Milita Dutt Mandal, a producer in Rajya Sabha TV, informed the police of the incident late in the night — between 2.30 and 3 am on Tuesday. They told us that they found her lying in the basement around 11.30 pm on Monday. She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead on arrival. A post-mortem examination of the body will be conducted tomorrow (Wednesday). We will be able to comment on what might have happened only after the report comes out. It would tell us what her injuries were,” Ghaziabad SSP Dharmendra Singh said.
Singh said no FIR has been registered by the family as yet.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We have not been able to talk to her husband, who works at the British Council. He has not yet approached us to file any FIR,” Singh said. Mandal is also survived by her two-year-old daughter Sreesha.
A forensic team was sent to the spot on Tuesday afternoon. Bloodstains were found in the basement parking next to a car which still had her handbag in it.
A police officer said a mobile phone was also recovered from the scene, but was later handed over to the family.
Police are probing all angles, including whether she fell from her apartment located on the 8th floor of the building.
Singh refused to elaborate on the matter saying that “there are many angles to the whole story, and it is not right to comment on the case before post-mortem report is out.”
“Besides, the family need to file an FIR first, only then can we begin our inquiries,” he said.
A family member, who identified himself as Mandal’s uncle, said that “everything changed in 45 minutes”.
“We have lost our daughter. We don’t know what happened. We are also trying to find out. But before we make any comment, we want to wait for the post-mortem report,” he said.
A former colleague of Mandal at NDTV described her as “dabangg” and “a bundle of joy”.
“Milita left NDTV sometime in 2011. She was one of the best producers NDTV had. Not only was she an immensely hard-working colleague, she was a very pleasant person to be around. She would go around solving everyone’s problems. I know her family well. Even her husband is doing very well professionally. She never mentioned any problems she might have had at home,” the colleague said.