Fifteen days after the body of Milita Dutt Mandal, a producer with Rajya Sabha TV, was found in the basement of an highrise in Vaishali, Ghaziabad, police said a suicide note had been found in her car. Police said the note had been sent for a forensic examination.
“Her car had not been searched till now since the keys were in the possession of the hospital authorities in Delhi. We obtained the keys on Wednesday, and when we searched her car, we found the suicide note. She has written that she was under a lot of stress and that she wanted to end her life. The note has been sent for forensic examination where the handwriting will be matched with her writing on other documents,” Rajesh Dwivedi, inspector-in-charge, Crime Branch, said.
According to senior police officers, one of Mandal’s colleagues at Rajya Sabha TV and also a close friend had also told police that she was “under a lot of stress due to one of her friendships”. “The statement of her friend will be taken very soon,” a police officer said.
Police has, however, ruled out the possibility of any altercation between Mandal and her husband, which might have contributed to Mandal’s death.
“If there had been fights between the two, neighbours would have heard something. But no one heard anything. Secondly, and most importantly, Mandal’s family members themselves are vouching for their son-in-law. They have said that he is innocent and that there has never been any problems from his end,” an officer said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The officer also said the preliminary medical examination of the body did not show signs of scuffle.
According to police, Mandal’s autopsy was conducted at Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in Delhi and the report was still awaited.
“The post-mortem examination was conducted by a three-member medical board. She sustained a skull injury, in addition to facial and nose injuries. She had also sustained spinal fractures. There is coagulated blood in the brain. Viscera samples have been preserved in the forensic laboratory,” a doctor at the hospital said.