Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday reviewed the prices of essential commodities, including onions, potatoes and tomatoes in the capital in a meeting chaired by him. Lt-Govenror Najeeb Jung and other officials of the Delhi government informed the minister about the massive crackdown on hoarders and were directed to continue with such enforcement drives.
Singh was told that Delhi government has launched a crackdown on the hoarders and 1,082 premises have been searched so far and 150 traders prosecuted. “The Home Minister directed that a strict vigil be maintained on the prices of essential commodities and action be taken against people involved in hoarding of essential commodities,’’ an official who attended the meeting said.
“Onions and potatoes are being sold at more than 200 locations through mobile vans at Rs 20 per kg and Rs 18 per kg, respectively. Besides this, the government has started sale of onions and potatoes at the same rate from 40 government premises,’’ an official said.
Delhi government said the rates of onions and potatoes in Delhi are currently stable. “Wholesale price is between Rs 13 and Rs 25 and retail price is between Rs 18 and Rs 30 in different areas.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched