Delhiites woke up to light showers and partly cloudy skies on Saturday morning with weatherman predicting some more rain in the next few days.
Minimum temperature was today recorded at 25.5 degree Celsius, which was two notches below normal and maximum is expected to be at around 39 degree Celsius.
According to Met official, there would be partly cloudy sky with light rains and thunderstorms in some parts of the national capital on Saturday.
The observatory at Safdarjung has recorded 1.3 mm rainfall while Palam Met department recorded 1.6 mm rainfall till 8.30 am on Saturday.
The intermittent rains since Thursday have come as a relief for Delhiites, who were reeling under heat wave conditions with temperatures hovering around 45 degree Celsius for about a week.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Humidity in air was recorded at 76 per cent.
“As rainfall continuous, temperature is expected to be between 35 and 40 degree Celsius till June 20. We are expecting more rain in the next two-three days,” said an official of Met Department.
On Friday, maximum temperature settled at 36.4 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal while minimum temperature was recorded 25.5 degree Celsius.
Source: Indian Meteorological Department