Even after Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal named Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and other ministers of the party in his ‘corrupt list’, the Delhi Congress maintained that there was no question of it withdrawing support to the AAP government in Delhi, unless the government fails to fulfil its promises. The BJP also denounced Kejriwal and questioned his status as an “honest” politician.
Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely minced no words in denouncing Kejriwal’s decision to name politicians as corrupt.
“It (AAP) has lost the plot now. The 18-point checklist that the AAP had submitted to the Congress before forming the government is haunting it now. That is why it is resorting to such gimmicks,” he said.
Leader of the Congress Legislature Party Haroon Yusuf said while the Congress felt that Kejriwal’s ‘corrupt list’ was unconstitutional, it didn’t find it reason enough to pull the plug on the AAP government.
“Even if he has named a few Congress leaders in his corrupt list, that doesn’t mean anything. From Day One, Kejriwal had announced that he alone is honest and everyone else is corrupt. But the focus should be on his party’s governance,” he said.
BJP leader Vijay Goel too criticised Kerjiwal for his ‘corrupt list’. “Who gave Kejriwal the authority to go around calling someone honest and somebody else dishonest,” he asked.
On being asked what exactly it would take for the Congress to terminate its support to the AAP government, Yusuf said, “We will continue to support AAP for as long as it takes to fulfil its promises to the people of Delhi. When it had the chance to form the government, we realised that the people of Delhi had voted it to power because of its promises. Now it’s the AAP’s turn to stay true to those promises.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016