By: Himanshu Vadhera
Early this year popular metal outfit Undying Inc released their EP, titled Ironclad, and for those who have been waiting to watch them play it live, now is the time to land up at blueFROG. A new metal festival is in town and the Delhi-based band will be a part of it on July 13. Titled Outrage, this fest will feature eight bands from across the country.
Outrage has been organised by Karan Mehta (24), the guitarist of Delhi band Colossal Figures, which too will get on stage that night. “There has been a sudden rise in the indie music scene in the last few years in India. While there are a lot of music festivals that happen now, the aim of Outrage is to promote only metal. We are totally dedicated to this genre,” says Mehta, who began work on this festival a month ago.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Apart from these two Delhi outfits, metalheads will be treated to the metal madness that are Mumbai’s Zynegma, Mizoram’s 3rd Sovereign, Shillong’s thrash metal act Aberrant and Chennai’s Escher’s Knot.
Excited about performing in the Capital after one-and-a-half years, Reuben Bhattacharya, bassist of Undying Inc, says, “This festival is a great platform for new bands, and for old bands such as ours since it’s been a while since we played in Delhi.”
The event will be held at blueFROG on July 13. Time: 5.30 pm. Passes: Rs 600, available at the venue