JNU erupted in protests Sunday evening as the news of a student’s disappearance spread. According to JNU Students’ Union (JNUSU) president Mohit Pandey, Najeeb Ahmad, a resident of Mahi Mandavi Hostel, has been missing since Friday, but the university administration has not taken the matter seriously.
Pandey said Ahmad had a fight with ABVP members on Friday and went missing thereafter. Ahmad’s mother filed a complaint with police Sunday and a case of abduction was registered at Vasant Kunj (North) police station. Ahmad is a first year student of MSc Biotechnology.
“… An ABVP activist, Vikrant, while on a campaign in Mahi Mandavi hostel… had a confrontation with Najeeb. Vikrant summoned a throng of people… The group… proceeded to intimidate… and beat up Najeeb…” Pandey said in a statement.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
ABVP member Saurabh Sharma denied the allegation, saying, “The JNUSU wants to give the incident a communal colour. It was a fight between two people when one — Vikrant — had knocked on Ahmad’s door for campaigning for the mess committee elections. Things were cleared up between the two that very day. Suddenly, allegations started flowing on Saturday that 200 people beat Ahmad up. We don’t want this to become a communal issue. We just want that Ahmad be found.”