Hundreds of workers who had gathered to protest outside a garments factory in Udyog Vihar Sector 18, Gurgaon, on Friday turned violent and allegedly damaged vehicles on the factory premises and threw stones at policemen deployed there, injuring 12.
The workers were protesting the death of a fellow worker, Sunil (37), who they alleged was electrocuted at work on Friday morning. Workers said he allegedly suffered a shock from a electric sewing machine and fell. He was rushed to a hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Police refuted this. “Sunil died of a cardiac arrest. The post-mortem report will be ready by Saturday. But, Sunil’s brother, who works in the same factory, gave us a statement that Sunil was unwell when he left for work on Friday and that his death was due to natural causes,” Vikas Dhankar, DCP (West), said.
Police said at least 12 policemen were injured in the violence. One of them sustained a head wound and is critical.
“Those responsible for the violence will be arrested soon,” the officer said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review