Hundreds of workers who had gathered to protest outside a garments factory in Udyog Vihar Sector 18, Gurgaon, on Friday turned violent and allegedly damaged vehicles on the factory premises and threw stones at policemen deployed there, injuring 12.
The workers were protesting the death of a fellow worker, Sunil (37), who they alleged was electrocuted at work on Friday morning. Workers said he allegedly suffered a shock from a electric sewing machine and fell. He was rushed to a hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Police refuted this. “Sunil died of a cardiac arrest. The post-mortem report will be ready by Saturday. But, Sunil’s brother, who works in the same factory, gave us a statement that Sunil was unwell when he left for work on Friday and that his death was due to natural causes,” Vikas Dhankar, DCP (West), said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Police said at least 12 policemen were injured in the violence. One of them sustained a head wound and is critical.
“Those responsible for the violence will be arrested soon,” the officer said.