Dissension among Aam Aadmi Party volunteers over distribution of Lok Sabha tickets continued unabated on Friday, as AAP volunteers from South Delhi constituency held demonstrations outside the party headquarters.
While Thursday’s protest, held by volunteers from Northeast constituency, had been about ‘outsiders’ such as Rajmohan Gandhi and Ashutosh being given party tickets, Friday’s protest was staged against Colonel Devendra Sehrawat being given the Lok Sabha ticket for South Delhi. Sehrawat was the AAP candidate from Bijwasan during Delhi Assembly polls.
Beating drums, carrying banners and raising slogans against the party chief Arvind Kejriwal, a group of around 30 volunteers assembled outside the party office on Friday afternoon. “Kejriwal had said the party would not give tickets to Delhi candidates, especially MLAs. How can they give tickets to Colonel Sehrawat? He (Sehrawat) could not win the Delhi elections from one vidhan sabha, how will he win from 10 such vidhan sabhas?” Kuldeep Singh, an AAP volunteer from Deoli, said.
The party downplayed the incident. Asked about the protests, AAP spokesperson Nagendra Sharma said, “These protests show the demand for party tickets and the popularity that it enjoys.”
Lovely attacks Kejriwal over ‘jailing mediapersons’ remark
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
New Delhi: Delhi Congress president Arvinder Singh Lovely on Friday took on Aam Aadmi Party chief, claiming that due to his “greed for power, Arvind Kejriwal first talked about sending mediapersons to jail, and then backtracked”. Lovely took on Kejriwal during his address at a meeting of the Mahila Vikas Manch at the Constitution Club.
Congress leaders took a dig at the AAP chief over his recent comment to send mediapersons behind bars. They claimed that Kejriwal, who had earlier only spoken of sending political leaders to jail, had now expanded his scope to include mediapersons as well.
They said for the BJP and the AAP, safety and empowerment of women was a “mere political agenda”, and only when elections were near, these political parties spoke about women. “The previous Congress government in Delhi had started dozens of schemes for the empowerment of women. Whenever such schemes were started, BJP opposed them in the Assembly,” Lovely said.
He said the Kejriwal government had stopped all welfare schemes for women.
Sibal violated model code: AAP
Waving a water-purifying kit with an image of Union Minister Kapil Sibal, the Congress symbol and “Aap ka Sibal” printed on it, the AAP leaders on Friday said they would file a complaint with the EC for violation of the model code. AAP leader Sanjay Singh said these water-purifiers were being distributed in Chandni Chowk constituency by Congress MP Sibal.