A 21-year-old woman was allegedly strangled by her husband, who is a property dealer in Sushant Lok, Gurgaon. According to police, Manmohan, a 27-year-old engineer from a Rajasthan university, had married Lakshmi Devi a year ago.
“They weren’t very well off economically. This led to a dispute in the house. During once such argument, Manmohan claimed that he lost his temper and strangled his wife. She was rushed to Artemis hospital and succumbed to injuries there,” a police officer said.
“He has been arrested and a case has been registered at Sushant Lok police station,” the officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police said Manmohan was present at the hospital when his wife was admitted. But he left to evade arrest. The hospital informed police about the case, post which a team of officers was posted at his house. “When he went home to get his bike and other valuables, the police team posted there apprehended him,” the officer said.