Allottees asked for details of PAN card,application and transaction in 11-point questionnaire
The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police on Wednesday issued notices to all 5,238 persons allotted flats in the DDA housing scheme 2008,now under the scanner over irregularities.
Officials said this is being done to widen the scope of investigations as the probe now scans allotments under the general category as well.
The notices were issued under Section 91 of CrPC (see box),asking them for details of their applications,agents and monetary transactions. The EOW has made a questionnaire with 11 questions and sent it to all allottees in both general and reserved categories. The flat owners have been directed to send their replies within 15 days.
As a next step,the EOW would publish advertisement in newspapers seeking the same information from allottees,it was announced today.
According to officials,the notice has been sent to know specifics of all applicants,their PAN card details,how they filled up their forms,and their bank details regarding the earnest money paid to apply for the scheme. The EOW had earlier found irregularities in applications filed for reserved-category flats (meant for SC/ST applicants). The widening of the probe comes in the aftermath of revelations that former DDA employee M L Gautam and property dealer Deepak Kumar had a role in fudging general category applications as well.
We are contacting each allottee through a questionnaire. They have to reply within 15 days, Additional Commissioner of Police (EOW) S B K Singh said. We will analyse the replies and see whether rules were violated.
If needed,Singh said,the investigators would consider the replies as evidence,and the allottees as witnesses.
Singh said Gautam has disclosed names of some financiers who had put advertisements in newspapers inviting applications when DDA had announced the scheme.
In another development,the EOW has recovered documents from some successful allottees in Aligarh and Bulandshahar in Uttar Pradesh whose forms were filled by Gautam. The police have recovered some newly made PAN cards from these persons. These,officials said,are being sent to the National Securities Depository Limited in Mumbai for examination.
What EOW wants to know
* Did you apply in DDA Housing Scheme 2008? If yes,provide application form number along with copy of counterfoil.
* Did you apply directly,or through agency/individual?
* Who filled up your DDA application form?
* If you had applied after availing bank loan,name the bank and its branch.
* How did you pay the earnest money (Rs 6,000) at the time of availing loan from bank?
* Did you pay earnest money through your bank account? If yes,mention instrument number and account number.
* Did you apply for PAN card at the time of filling the form,or did you already possess a PAN card?
* If applied for PAN card at the time of filling form,through which agency or individual did you apply?
* Have you received your PAN card? If yes,provide photocopy.
* How many signatures were put in all the forms? n Any other information you would like to share.