A 30-year-old woman, in her eighth month of pregnancy, was found hanging in her house in Central Delhi on Thursday morning.
A case of abetment to suicide and harassment for dowry has been registered following a complaint from the woman’s relatives, police said.
Police said they were investigating the charges levelled by the woman’s family and questioning her husband.
“Sunita’s husband Rotash, a rickshaw-puller, found her hanging at their house in Anand Parbat around 11 am on Thursday. No suicide note was found. Sunita’s relatives lodged a police complaint on Saturday. An FIR has been registered under Sections 498 A (husband or relative of husband subjecting her to cruelty) and 306 (abetment of suicide) of the IPC. We are questioning the woman’s husband,” a senior police officer said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Police said Sunita’s body was sent for a postmortem examination. The report is awaited. Sunita’s brother Deepak alleged she was being beaten up and harassed for dowry.
Rotash and Sunita had married five years ago. They often fought with each other, police said. After an argument, Sunita had once left their home and moved in with her parents on Pankha Road, Uttam Nagar, police said.