Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd. (TPDDL), which supplies electricity in North and Northwest Delhi, has alleged power theft worth Rs 1.82 crore between April and July this year. Over 201 FIRs of direct power theft have been filed by the discom during this period.
“The company has registered 201 FIRs across five police districts of its operational area, accounting for 703.12 Kw of connected load. In terms of value, stolen electricity is worth more than Rs 1.82 crore. The Outer Delhi district accounts for a maximum of 85 FIRs followed by North West police district at 55 FIRs,” a TPDDL spokesperson said.
Of the 201 FIRs, a total of 58 FIRs are related to cases worth more than Rs 1 lakh and up to Rs 14 lakh.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The official said the number of cases has increased with technological intervention to track power theft in its area of distribution. TPDDL has installed Automated Meter Reading-based energy systems at Distribution Transformers level and carries energy audit of all DT on a regular basis. This helps in identification of areas in terms of energy mismatch, the official said.