Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd. (TPDDL), which supplies electricity in North and Northwest Delhi, has alleged power theft worth Rs 1.82 crore between April and July this year. Over 201 FIRs of direct power theft have been filed by the discom during this period.
“The company has registered 201 FIRs across five police districts of its operational area, accounting for 703.12 Kw of connected load. In terms of value, stolen electricity is worth more than Rs 1.82 crore. The Outer Delhi district accounts for a maximum of 85 FIRs followed by North West police district at 55 FIRs,” a TPDDL spokesperson said.
Of the 201 FIRs, a total of 58 FIRs are related to cases worth more than Rs 1 lakh and up to Rs 14 lakh.
The official said the number of cases has increased with technological intervention to track power theft in its area of distribution. TPDDL has installed Automated Meter Reading-based energy systems at Distribution Transformers level and carries energy audit of all DT on a regular basis. This helps in identification of areas in terms of energy mismatch, the official said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review