“A sweet woman who who had no enemies,” is how Simranjeet’s family members described her. Her aunt Gurcharan Kaur, whom she called just hours before her murder, said she could not believe her niece could have met such an end.
“I heard a woman scream and then shout “chor chor”. I ran out to find my niece lying in a pool of blood,” Gurcharan said.
Police are yet to talk to Simranjeet’s husband. Investigating officers said the family was in a state of shock and took the body to Jalandhar immediately after the post-mortem examination.
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
“We did not get much time to talk to the husband or the other family members. In the little time that we got to talk to them, they said they did not suspect anyone. We are awaiting their return and will the case will proceed swiftly once they help us with the details,” a senior police officer said.
Police said they would also talk to Simranjeet’s colleagues to see if they had noticed anything out of the ordinary when she was in office on Friday.
Police are scanning Simranjeet’s call detail records to get more details on the circumstances leading to her death.
“Owing to the grainy CCTV footage, we are unable to make out the face of the person following her. We are taking the statements of residents in the area and are also looking at footage from other cameras in the area. The crime appears to be a planned one because some of the residents said they saw the assailant fleeing through a gate, which is the only one open during the day. If this is the case, then it is clear that the assailant already knew the layout of the area,” the officer said.