“A sweet woman who who had no enemies,” is how Simranjeet’s family members described her. Her aunt Gurcharan Kaur, whom she called just hours before her murder, said she could not believe her niece could have met such an end.
“I heard a woman scream and then shout “chor chor”. I ran out to find my niece lying in a pool of blood,” Gurcharan said.
Police are yet to talk to Simranjeet’s husband. Investigating officers said the family was in a state of shock and took the body to Jalandhar immediately after the post-mortem examination.
“We did not get much time to talk to the husband or the other family members. In the little time that we got to talk to them, they said they did not suspect anyone. We are awaiting their return and will the case will proceed swiftly once they help us with the details,” a senior police officer said.
Police said they would also talk to Simranjeet’s colleagues to see if they had noticed anything out of the ordinary when she was in office on Friday.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Police are scanning Simranjeet’s call detail records to get more details on the circumstances leading to her death.
“Owing to the grainy CCTV footage, we are unable to make out the face of the person following her. We are taking the statements of residents in the area and are also looking at footage from other cameras in the area. The crime appears to be a planned one because some of the residents said they saw the assailant fleeing through a gate, which is the only one open during the day. If this is the case, then it is clear that the assailant already knew the layout of the area,” the officer said.