A 40-year-old cab driver was arrested for allegedly assaulting a minor girl from east Delhi’s Preet Vihar area. Police said the accused has been sent to Tihar Jail.
An officer said, “The incident occurred on September 30 when the 10-year-old child, a Class V student, was playing outside her home. The accused, who works as a driver for a private company in Gurgaon, allegedly lured her on the pretext of a joyride and chocolate.”
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to police, the accused took her to an isolated spot where he molested her, hit her and threatened her of dire consequences if she told anyone about the incident.”
“The accused then dropped her outside her home. She started to cry and narrated her ordeal to her mother. The child’s parents informed the police and took her to the Preet Vihar police station. An FIR was registered based on the child’s statement,” said the officer.
The accused was arrested under charges of IPC sections 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 342 (punishment for wrongful confinement) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) at Preet Vihar police station.