Weeks after the Saket district court issued orders to the Delhi Police to file an FIR against a sub-inspector on charges of raping a woman after promising marriage, the woman has approached the Delhi High Court alleging that police officers were “pressurising” her to reach a compromise in the case.
On February 9, a trial court had ordered registration of an FIR against Varun Kumar, a sub-inspector at Ambedkar Nagar police station, on charges of raping and criminally intimidating the woman.
In a plea filed before the High Court on Tuesday, the woman has sought court orders for a CBI investigation into the case, alleging that she had been summoned to the police station, where four officers had asked her to accept Rs 10 lakh as “compromise”. She alleged that one officer had made phone calls asking her to settle the matter, which she has claimed to have recorded and submitted before court.
The woman said instead of protecting the rights of the victim, Delhi Police is supporting the “unethical, illegal misdeed of Kumar”. She said she has “no hope of having a free, fair and independent investigation by the Delhi Police”.
Further, the woman has demanded that criminal proceedings be initiated against the two officers, for “siding with” the rape accused.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Petitioner has lost her confidence in the sincerity and integrity of the police and therefore it is clear that the police of the national capital cannot be relied upon to investigate the FIR,” the plea stated.
The case was mentioned before the court of Acting Chief Justice BD Ahmed and Justice Siddharth Mridul on Tuesday. The court will hear the plea on Wednesday.
Earlier this month, the court of ACMM Tarun Yogesh, had directed police to register an FIR in the case on allegations that ASI Varun Kumar had coerced her into physical relationship by promising marriage.