Weeks after the Saket district court issued orders to the Delhi Police to file an FIR against a sub-inspector on charges of raping a woman after promising marriage, the woman has approached the Delhi High Court alleging that police officers were “pressurising” her to reach a compromise in the case.
On February 9, a trial court had ordered registration of an FIR against Varun Kumar, a sub-inspector at Ambedkar Nagar police station, on charges of raping and criminally intimidating the woman.
In a plea filed before the High Court on Tuesday, the woman has sought court orders for a CBI investigation into the case, alleging that she had been summoned to the police station, where four officers had asked her to accept Rs 10 lakh as “compromise”. She alleged that one officer had made phone calls asking her to settle the matter, which she has claimed to have recorded and submitted before court.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
The woman said instead of protecting the rights of the victim, Delhi Police is supporting the “unethical, illegal misdeed of Kumar”. She said she has “no hope of having a free, fair and independent investigation by the Delhi Police”.
Further, the woman has demanded that criminal proceedings be initiated against the two officers, for “siding with” the rape accused.
“Petitioner has lost her confidence in the sincerity and integrity of the police and therefore it is clear that the police of the national capital cannot be relied upon to investigate the FIR,” the plea stated.
The case was mentioned before the court of Acting Chief Justice BD Ahmed and Justice Siddharth Mridul on Tuesday. The court will hear the plea on Wednesday.
Earlier this month, the court of ACMM Tarun Yogesh, had directed police to register an FIR in the case on allegations that ASI Varun Kumar had coerced her into physical relationship by promising marriage.