AAP leader Dilip Pandey’s arrest on Friday for his alleged involvement in putting up provocative posters in Okhla, has triggered a war of words between the AAP and the BJP. While AAP leaders alleged that the arrest was politically motivated and that the Delhi Police was acting at the behest of the Central government, Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay hit back saying his party was looking at “legal methods” to disband the AAP.
The AAP claimed that the BJP was attempting to implement the “Gujarat Model” in Delhi. “The BJP is trying to replicate Gujarat style of functioning in Delhi. Police in Gujarat used similar tactics to suppress its opponents,” AAP leader Sanjay Singh said.
Senior AAP leader Manish Sisodia said, “Two party volunteers were forced to name senior leaders and there is no solid evidence in the case. He (Pandey) was called for questioning but instead police arrested him, despite the fact that the posters were put up by one Amanatullah, who has taken responsibility for the posters. The poster was only marked to Pandey. How can he be arrested for this?”
Upadhyay, however, said the AAP was trying to “hurt communal harmony”.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The posters in question criticise three Muslim Congress MLAs for allegedly joining hands with the BJP. “The arrest of AAP leaders shows that Kejriwal is trying to disturb communal harmony by putting up posters. In order to keep himself in the news, Kejriwal is trying to spoil the Ganga-Jamuni culture. Arrests have been made on the basis of solid proof. We are thinking about going to the Election Commission seeking revocation of national party status of the AAP,” he said.
AAP’s Yadav condemns poster comments
At a time when the AAP is on the defensive over the involvement of its volunteers in putting up provocative posters in Okhla, AAP leader Yogendra Yadav, in two separate tweets, condemned the incident. He tweeted, “Sad to hear abt 14 day remand for Dilip, Javed and Ram. Cant imagine that such patriots wud commit a crime. I have full faith in judiciary. “ The second tweet read, “Poster in question is very offensive with communal overtones. Runs against the ideology of AAP. Must be condemned by all.”