For the first time in Delhi Metro’s history, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has constructed an elevated track segment over another operational elevated segment, at a record height of 21 metres above the ground.
“This crossover at Karkarduma is the first of its kind. Similar constructions will also come up at Netaji Subhash Place, Dhaula Kuan, Mayur Vihar and Anand Vihar,” Anuj Dayal, chief spokesperson (DMRC), said.
The new line is part of the Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar corridor of Phase-III, which passes over the Vaishali-Dwarka line at Karkarduma. According to DMRC, the overlapping sections are vertically 10 metres apart and cross each other at an angle of 114 degrees.
“The length of the new section between the piers on either side is 37 metres,” Dayal said.
“Constructing it was not an easy task, but we did not let the operations on the Vaishali-Dwarka line get affected even for a day. Construction was done after operations stopped on the Blue Line each night and no trains were allowed to run when work above was in progress,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
According to DMRC officials, round-the-clock monitoring of the process via CCTVs was done to avoid eventualities such as electrocution or material falling on the existing line, including monitoring of earthing provided to the launching girder, pre-stressing beam, erected segments or any other loose items kept on the span.
“At four more locations, a similar elevated viaduct crossing an existing elevated viaduct will be constructed as part of Phase-III, which is slated to be completed by 2016. The Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar corridor will pass over the Red Line at Netaji Subhash Place, Blue Line at Mayur Vihar and Anand Vihar, and the Airport Line at Dhaula Kuan,” Dayal said.