With Arvind Kejriwal sworn in as Chief Minister and six other AAP leaders joining his Cabinet,the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is now looking for new faces to lead them,especially with the Lok Sabha elections less than five months away.
After holding significant posts within the party,AAPs Political Affairs Committee members Yogendra Yadav,Sanjay Singh and Pankaj Gupta will now spearhead the partys campaign for the Lok Sabha elections. At a press conference two days ago,Singh and Gupta were put in charge of identifying candidates for the Lok Sabha polls,and will tour different states to ascertain organisational strength.
Having been closely associated with Kejriwal since the Right to Information movement days in 2005,Singh was also a part of the Jan Lokpal movement in 2011 before he became one of the founding members of AAP. He led committees on fundraising and party organisation during the Delhi polls.
Yadav,the partys most media-savvy face,will look at party strategy,especially with his background in psephology.
Party sources it was a planned move to not give tickets to these three. Yadav is a known face in Haryana and is,in all likelihood,one of the faces of our national campaign. Sanjay Singh,too,is a grassroot leader, a party leader said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sources,however,said despite his attention now largely on Delhis problems,all decisions will have to go past Kejriwal. He is the partys national convenor and since every major decision is vetted by the PAC,he will actively participate in the decision-making process. Sanjay and Yogendra will also look at issues in Delhi wherever required, a party member said.