With Arvind Kejriwal sworn in as Chief Minister and six other AAP leaders joining his Cabinet,the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is now looking for new faces to lead them,especially with the Lok Sabha elections less than five months away.
After holding significant posts within the party,AAPs Political Affairs Committee members Yogendra Yadav,Sanjay Singh and Pankaj Gupta will now spearhead the partys campaign for the Lok Sabha elections. At a press conference two days ago,Singh and Gupta were put in charge of identifying candidates for the Lok Sabha polls,and will tour different states to ascertain organisational strength.
Having been closely associated with Kejriwal since the Right to Information movement days in 2005,Singh was also a part of the Jan Lokpal movement in 2011 before he became one of the founding members of AAP. He led committees on fundraising and party organisation during the Delhi polls.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Yadav,the partys most media-savvy face,will look at party strategy,especially with his background in psephology.
Party sources it was a planned move to not give tickets to these three. Yadav is a known face in Haryana and is,in all likelihood,one of the faces of our national campaign. Sanjay Singh,too,is a grassroot leader, a party leader said.
Sources,however,said despite his attention now largely on Delhis problems,all decisions will have to go past Kejriwal. He is the partys national convenor and since every major decision is vetted by the PAC,he will actively participate in the decision-making process. Sanjay and Yogendra will also look at issues in Delhi wherever required, a party member said.