The capital will celebrate its second car-free day on November 22, Transport Minister Gopal Rai said on Thursday. While the earlier car-free day was held along the ITO route, this one will be held in Dwarka, he said.
The event will start with a cycle rally, in which IAS officers, IPS officers and personnel from Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Service (DANIPS) and Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Civil Service (DANICS) are expected to participate.
Volunteers from the National Service Scheme (NSS) and the National Cadet Corps (NCC) will help organise the event, said Rai.
- Delhi: Next car-free day to be held near Delhi University, says Gopal Rai
- We needed a drastic step involving people... Mindset has to change on pollution: Gopal Rai
- Entire Delhi will go car-free on Jan 22, we will cycle to work, says Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal to Delhi: Let’s cycle together on car-free day
- First car-free day in Delhi: This is the beginning of a revolution, says Gopal Rai
- Car-free day on October 22: Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia to take part in cycle rally
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia had participated in the cycle rally which had flagged off the first car-free day in the capital on October 22.
The cycle rally on the second car-free day will start from the Dwarka sports complex, cover Ashirwad Chowk and Ashok Chowk, take an U-turn and end at the same venue, said the minister.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While the event on October 22 lasted for half a day, as Dussehra festivities had cut it short, the Delhi government plans to celebrate the second car-free day from 8 am to 4 pm.
The minister acknowledged that improving the public transport system was a must to combat rising pollution levels in the capital. “The only solution to this problem is more public transport,” said Rai.