Delhi government will open stalls in various government premises to sell onions and potatoes on wholesale prices to the people.
Sale at 40, such premises will start from Wednesday and the number of premises will be increased to 200 in the next two weeks.
The government premises from where the sale is proposed include the offices of Food and Supply Officers, various offices of Development Department, office of District Magistrates, SDMs, Inquiry offices of Delhi Jal Board, said Development Commissioner, Puneet Goel.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Today 1200 MT of onions and 1299 MT of potatoes arrived which is much more than the daily requirement of Delhi. The arrival over the last many days has been more than the requirement of the city,” said Goel.
Goel said that the wholesale and retail prices of these essential commodities are also stable.
While the wholesale prices of onions was from Rs 13 to Rs 25 per kg, the retail prices in various locations of cities has varied from Rs 16 per kg to Rs 30 per kg.
Government is keeping a very close watch on the prices, he said adding that people are also being informed of the wholesale and retail prices through advertisement in the newspapers.