DAYS AFTER a nursery student studying in a prominent Gurgaon school was allegedly molested by a member of the housekeeping staff, the school Friday said a “representative” of the family offered to settle the matter out of court in return for a “large sum of money”.
The school also claimed they have registered a complaint against the family at the Sector 29 police station. Confirming the same, Deputy Commissioner of Police (east) Deepak Saharan said, “The school has filed a complaint at Sector 29 police station and we will investigate it.” The family could not be reached for comment.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
On Thursday, police said the accused, Yogesh (32) was arrested Thursday and being “questioned further”.
The school’s spokesperson also said the institution would cooperate fully with police in their investigation. It also said it was taking measures to ensure such an incident does not happen again. “The school is cooperating fully with police in the investigation. We have also handed over all CCTV footage to assist them with the same,” he said.
The spokesperson claimed the accused had been hired through an “external agency” and was employed on a trial basis since Saturday. “The accused was only here on a trial basis. But we have taken additional precautions to ensure such an incident is not repeated. We have reached a decision that no male housekeeping staff will be hired from now on,” he said.
According to police, the incident took place at 9 am Monday when the three-and-a-half-year-old child went to the bathroom. Police said the accused, who hails from Firozabad, allegedly cornered the child in the bathroom, where he “sexually assaulted and inappropriately touched” her.
Gaurav Phogat, Station House Officer (SHO) of the Sushant Lok police station, said, “A case was registered based on the complaint of the victim’s mother under sections 506 (criminal intimidation) and 342 (wrongful confinement) of the IPC, and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.”