The Delhi BJP is planning to upgrade its official website, which has not been updated since Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan gave up the post of president of the state unit.
The website, now taken off, was until recently still showing BJP leaders, who have already become Members of Parliament (MPs), as candidates for the Lok Sabha elections along with their photographs. The new Delhi BJP president, Satish Upadhyay, too found no mention on the website.
The decision to upgrade the website was taken at a meeting at the Delhi BJP headquarters chaired by Upadhyay. It was decided to upgrade and update the website on the lines of the party’s national website. The Delhi unit was asked to take help of the IT team that worked on the party’s national website, if necessary.
It was also decided that the quality of posts on Facebook needs to be improved and that the party needs to engage more with people on Twitter.
The meeting also discussed the profile of online visitors, majority of whom are urban middle-class professionals. It was felt that while upgrading the website, it should be done in a way so as to attract the online community.
Besides, BJP leaders stressed at the meeting that after Narendra Modi took over as the Prime Minister, the perception of the BJP has changed — from a party with a Hindu ideology to a party that stands for efficiency in governance and zero intolerance to corruption.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Among vast segments of Delhi’s population, especially the vocal middle-class and intelligentsia, the BJP is now an option that can bring about a qualitative shift in governance and drive change,” a BJP leader said.
The AAP and the Congress, too, found mention in the meeting. “A large segment of the poor considered the AAP as the change and one of the factors that catapulted the party to where it has reached is smart media tools. The Congress too is stepping up its communication apparatus,” one leader said.