The Noida police have arrested four people after a 15-year-old girl was burnt to death after being allegedly gangraped eight months ago and then being blackmailed for money. Senior police officers said on Saturday that the four arrested have been identified as Sonu, Pradeep, Lokendar and his wife Archana, all of whom lived in the village of Banwarivas, where the victim also lived.
Preetinder Singh, Noida’s senior superintendent of police, said, “According to the FIR lodged by the victim’s family, Sonu and Pradeep allegedly raped their daughter about eight months ago. A few days after that, some neighbours, who the girl used to call ‘chacha-chachi’ began blackmailing her, telling her they had a video of the act.”
Brijesh Kumar Singh, superintendent of police (rural) said that according to the complaint filed by the father of the victim, Lokender and his wife Archana, both neighbours of the victim, began to blackmail her, saying that they had video footage of her gangrape.
- 11-yr-old rape victim of Rajkot delivers baby
- Rape charge turns Jharkhand village against women tenants
- Kolkata man arrested for ‘raping’ mentally-ill minor stepdaughter
- Delhi: Cleric held for raping nine-year-old in madrasa, lured her with five rupees
- Haryana Dalit girl gangraped, murdered: Attackers thrust object into girl’s body, says doctor
- Haryana: 11-year-old Dalit girl ‘killed, then gangraped’ in Panipat
“The girl was close to them. The two approached the victim again on Friday evening, which caused the girl to break down and tell her family about what had happened months ago. There was an argument between the sides, but things then were put to rest. However, the next morning, when the girl was alone at home, Lokender and his wife, the complaint says, entered the house, poured oil on her and set her ablaze,” Singh said.
After dousing the flames, neighbours and the girl’s family rushed her to Kailash Hospital in Greater Noida, where she was referred to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi. “She died of 90 per cent burns,” Brijesh Kumar Singh said.