It was Holi and Arun Mishra, along with his family, decided to visit the Sai Baba Temple in Noida sector 40. His 10-year-old son, Ankit, was “very excited,” said Mishra. They had not played with colours that day, he said as two sons were “not interested in Holi”.
“All they wanted to do was to visit the temple in the evening,” said Mishra.
- Gujarat elections LIVE UPDATES: Congress has gone from entire country, people have recognised their sins, says PM Modi
- After Congress barb, PM Narendra Modi hits back: Grand Stupid Thought
- Thousands turn up for Delhi job fair, those above 40 say consider us too
- Greater Noida molestation: ‘Accused in sexual assault of schoolboy helped in police verification of staffers’
- Manoj Bajpayee: Father-son bond is the backbone of Rukh
- Noida: 10-year-old dies, mother seriously injured as car rams family
They left their home in Nangla, in Noida phase 2, at 5 pm and took a bus to the temple, 10 kms away. “We left the temple at 7 pm… we could not find any mode of transport to go back, so we started to walk,” said Mishra.
“I was looking for an auto… suddenly, I saw my wife on the ground… that’s when I realised they had been hit by a car. I shouldn’t have let them walk ahead of me,” said Mishra.
His son was very good in studies, said Mishra. “He studied in Class 3… he was very intelligent. I used to think that Ankit will excel in his studies,” said his father.