With temperatures soaring and capital already reeling under a power crisis, Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung on Sunday reviewed the power situation in Delhi in a meeting with senior Delhi government officials. Jung announced a slew of measures, which included no power to malls after 10 pm, switching off streetlights during peak hours and no air conditioning for an hour in the Delhi Secretariat, government offices and the Delhi University.
Areas across the national capital have faced blackouts of up to seven hours after major power transmission lines were damaged during a storm last week. The lines are yet to be restored by Delhi Transco Ltd (DTL). According to DTL, peak loads in Delhi occur between 3 pm to 5 pm and then again from 10 pm to 1 am.
Following Sunday’s meeting, which included the Chief Secretary, Power Secretary, officials of DTL and CEOs of Delhi’s power distribution companies, Jung ordered that power supply to malls would be cut after 10 pm. Discoms have also been directed to draft a schedule informing people about electric supply.
Jung also directed that high mast halogen lamps on the streets, which consume more power, will be switched off during night peak hours to conserve energy. “Government establishments, including the Delhi Secretariat and other government offices, universities and colleges have been advised to switch off air conditioning between 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm. This does not include emergency services and critical institutions such as hospitals,” a statement from the Lt-Governor’s office said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review