More than five days after the murder of 26-year-old Simranjeet, police are yet to gather any leads on who murdered the assistant manager with a global consultancy.
So far, police have questioned family members, local residents and suspects to piece together the chain of events and identify her killer.
Simranjeet was stabbed right outside her aunt’s house in Karol Bagh while on her way to meet her aunt on February 14. She was walking to her aunt’s house from the Karol Bagh Metro station when an armed assailant stabbed her to death.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The grainy CCTV footage — of the assailant following Simranjeet moments before she was stabbed — has been sent to the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) for leads on her attacker.
Prima facie, police have ruled out robbery as her expensive smartphone, purse, laptop and jewellery were left untouched by the attacker.
Police said there was nothing on Simranjeet’s cellphone and call data records to indicate that she was being harassed by someone.
As she was murdered on Valentine’s Day, police are probing if there was a stalker or a jilted lover Simranjeet was not aware of.
Simranjeet’s husband Manveet is a senior manager with HCL. She had met him while studying for MBA at Amity University in Noida. The couple had got married in 2012.
Simranjeet’s friends and colleagues in office reportedly told police that the couple had celebrated Valentine’s Day on February 13.
Her friends told police that she had purchased a cake from a Noida- based bakery for the celebration.
Police officers investigating the case said they were trying to unravel how the assailant knew that she would be visiting her aunt on February 14.
On the day of the incident, Simranjeet had left office with her colleagues and taken an office cab till the Mayur Vihar Metro station. Her cousin had delivered a son on February 11 and was discharged on the morning of February 14. Hence, she had planned a surprise visit to her aunt’s house.
Just hours before leaving office, she had called her aunt and told her she was planning a surprise for her.
“Simranjeet usually took a cab to work every day. An office cab would drop her home. It was a last-minute decision on her part to go to Karol Bagh in a Metro from Mayur Vihar,” a police officer said.
Family members who have returned from their hometown in Jalandhar, have told police that Manveet, still in Jalandhar, was in shock and would join the investigations next week.