The Allahabad High Court on Monday granted bail to 60-year-old Moninder Singh Pandher in five cases related to the Nithari killings in Noida, in which minor girls and young women were allegedly lured, sexually assaulted and murdered by Pandher’s domestic help Surendra Koli inside his house in Sector-31, Noida.
While Koli has been sentenced to death and his mercy petition rejected, Pandher was acquitted in a case pertaining to 22-year-old Payal, daughter of Nand Lal, on September 11, 2009.
The disappearances and killings in Pandher’s house, D-5, Sector-31, were reported between June 2005 and December 2006, when several FIRs were filed against Koli and Pandher. However, the CBI did not chargesheet Pandher initially. He was also booked under lighter sections pertaining to harbouring an offender and screening him from police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, several petitions filed before the special CBI court sought Pandher’s trial under charges of rape, murder, destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy. The main ground of the accusation was that Pandher, a Chandigarh-based businessman, was a resident and the owner of the house where the alleged killings took place and Koli was his domestic help.
The five cases of kidnapping, rape and murder, in which Pandher has been granted bail include that of Karamveer’s daughter Madhu, Nand Lal’s daughter Payal, Jatin Sarkar’s daughter Pinki, Arun Sarkar’s niece Anjali and another young girl, daughter of Jhabbu Lal.
Passing almost identical orders in all the five cases, a single judge bench of Justice Bharat Bhushan recorded 10 reasons for granting bail to Pandher. The court directed that Pandher should submit his passport before the special CBI court, if he has already not done so.