Two juveniles have been apprehended in connection with the death of nineteen-year-old Arunachal Pradesh student, Nido Taniam. Police said the two had allegedly beaten Taniam along with his associates.
Sources said the duo was apprehended from Lajpat Nagar, South Delhi. The were reportedly hiding in their relative’s house in the area.
Taniam, a student of Lovely Professional University, died after he was allegedly beaten by the accused during a an altercation triggered by remarks being passed at the student’s appearance.
Earlier, only Farman had been arrested on the charge of murder, while the others had been chaged under sections of SC&ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act. However, police said now all five accused — Farman, Sundar, Pawan and the two juveniles — will be investigated for murder.
The FIR in the case has been registered at the Lajpat Nagar police station.
“On the day of the incident, Farman was joined by the two juveniles when they had a scuffle with Taniam. Later, Pawan and Sunder joined them and reportedly beat Taniam. After Taniam’s autopsy found that his death was caused due to swelling in the brain and lungs as a result of blunt trauma on face and head, we will look into the role of each person. So far, investigation has revealed that all five had slapped Taniam and hit him on the head,” a police officer said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Police said they would also probe if any blunt object had been used during the altercation. So far, police are yet to recover any object which the accused persons may have allegedly used to beat Taniam on January 29.
Meanwhile the owner of the paneer shop had asked Farman to vacate it on the day he was detained.