Two juveniles have been apprehended in connection with the death of nineteen-year-old Arunachal Pradesh student, Nido Taniam. Police said the two had allegedly beaten Taniam along with his associates.
Sources said the duo was apprehended from Lajpat Nagar, South Delhi. The were reportedly hiding in their relative’s house in the area.
Taniam, a student of Lovely Professional University, died after he was allegedly beaten by the accused during a an altercation triggered by remarks being passed at the student’s appearance.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier, only Farman had been arrested on the charge of murder, while the others had been chaged under sections of SC&ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act. However, police said now all five accused — Farman, Sundar, Pawan and the two juveniles — will be investigated for murder.
The FIR in the case has been registered at the Lajpat Nagar police station.
“On the day of the incident, Farman was joined by the two juveniles when they had a scuffle with Taniam. Later, Pawan and Sunder joined them and reportedly beat Taniam. After Taniam’s autopsy found that his death was caused due to swelling in the brain and lungs as a result of blunt trauma on face and head, we will look into the role of each person. So far, investigation has revealed that all five had slapped Taniam and hit him on the head,” a police officer said.
Police said they would also probe if any blunt object had been used during the altercation. So far, police are yet to recover any object which the accused persons may have allegedly used to beat Taniam on January 29.
Meanwhile the owner of the paneer shop had asked Farman to vacate it on the day he was detained.