National Human Rights Commission on Thursday directed Delhi Police and the Delhi Government to pay Rs five lakh as monetary relief for the family of a 12-year-old boy who was allegedly shot dead by a Delhi Police Constable in 2012.
According to an NHRC statement released on Thursday, the Commission has recommended that Delhi Police Commissioner and Delhi Government pay Rs five lakh as monetary relief to the next of kin of late Tarun Chauhan (12), who was shot dead by a Constable in an inebriated condition at a marriage pandal in Dhaka village of Delhi on March 11, 2012.
The Commission has observed that the abuse of power by a public servant led to loss of life of an innocent child for which the State must bear the liability. It has asked them to submit the proof of payment within six weeks.
During the course of inquiry, the Commission found that the Constable had an altercation with one of the relatives of the deceased over the parking of his vehicle. After that, he came back to the pandal in a drunken state and tried to enquire from Tarun Chauhan the whereabouts of his relative.
“He fired three rounds, first in the air, second on the ground and third on Tarun for not disclosing the whereabouts of his relative. Tarun was hit on the chest and was rushed to Sushrut Trauma Centre, Metcalfe House, Delhi where he succumbed to his injuries the same day,” the statement said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A case under Sections 307/302/34 of IPC was registered against the Constable who was sent to judicial custody. He was placed under suspension and departmental proceedings had been initiated against him.