Taking cognizance of reports about waste material being dumped in the Aravalis, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) has directed the Gurgaon and Faridabad district administration to seize vehicles dumping construction, industrial and medical waste, and impose a penalty of Rs 5,000 on them.
While hearing a plea on the issue, the NGT stated “… every person who is found to be throwing muck or waste in the area, the authorities are at liberty to seize the vehicles and impose a cost of Rs 5,000”.
- NGT directs Haryana to submit action plan on waste management
- Justice Swatanter Kumar retires: Here are some of the orders passed by NGT under him
- NGT summons ASI officer over Purana Quila lake’s bad condition
- Don’t turn Purana Quila lake into waste-dumping yard: NGT
- National Green Tribunal slams Haryana government over dumping of waste in Aravallis
- Confiscate vehicles dumping building, other waste on roads, orders NGT
The Tribunal also said that dumping waste in the Aravali forest area is a clear violation of its order on January 22, when it directed authorities to stop throwing waste in the forest area. The NGT also directed police commissioners of Gurgaon and Faridabad to “ensure that directions issued by the Tribunal are fully complied with.”
Seeking the compliance report in the next hearing, the NGT said there should be proper checkpoints at the entry point of roads which lead to the Aravalis.