After the ambitious Four Year Undergraduate programme (FYUP) became a history for the Delhi University, the chaos and confusion over the course seems to have settled down as the new academic session is all set to begin on Monday.
Various colleges affiliated to the varsity have initiated orientation programmes for freshers in order to adapt them to the new courses without any hassles.
“We have admitted over 800 students in various courses and we are conducting an orientation programme on Sunday for the freshers where-in they will be briefed about their course, the timetables and the rules and regulations. Regular classes will begin from July 21,” Principal of Sri Ram College of Commerce, S K Jain said.
“Our timetables and orientation details have already been posted on our website and the appointment of ad-hoc teachers is underway. After the chaos has ended, we are optimistic of a smooth flow of the academic session,” Principal, Miranda House, Pratibha Jolly said.
“The FYUP deadlock did lead to chaos and uncertainty for students, parents as well as the faculty. But now that it has ended and the university has been determined to stick to the schedule, the session is going to commence without any hassles,” President Principal’s Association and Principal, Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, S K Garg said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
However, the varsity’s attempt to rush the proceedings to ensure the commencement of the academic session as per schedule invited criticism from various quarters including Delhi University’s Teachers Association (DUTA).
“After sleeping over the restructuring of courses for the 2013 FYUP batch since the ‘rollback’ announced by him on 27th June, the VC finally called a meeting of the Academic Council to finalise courses just two days before the new session,” DUTA President Nandita Narain said.
Following the controversy, fresh admissions to Delhi University for the 2014-15 academic session under the three-year course commenced from July 2, a week behind the schedule.