The youth held in connection with the rape of a 14-year-old Manipuri girl, had been detained by police earlier on two instances, police said on Sunday. The girl was kidnapped and raped, allegedly by the youth, in Vasant Vihar on Friday night, when she stepped out of her home to go to a pharmacy.
On Saturday, the girl had helped police identify the accused from CCTV footage of the area. Following that, the youth was detained.
According to police, the youth had been detained in July last year after a woman had filed a complaint accusing him of stalking and harassing her. Based on the woman’s complaint, a case under Section 354 D of the IPC had been registered against him, police said.
In the first week of January, the youth had been put under preventive arrest after he had got involved in a brawl, police said.
“During questioning, we checked the track record of the accused and found out about his involvement in the two cases. The interrogation of the accused is on,” a police officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, the Manipuri girl recorded her statement before the magistrate under Section 164 of the CrPC. The girl has also refused to participate in a Test-Identification Parade (TIP) of the accused.
Police said the girl was still in a state of shock and was being given professional counselling. She has reportedly told police that she does not want to face the youth again.
The youth was produced in a Patiala House court and was remanded in two days’ police custody for further questioning.
Representatives of Northeast Students’ Association, along with JNU students, held a protest outside the court where the accused was produced. They demanded that a stringent anti-racial law be put in place and said they would not settle for anything less than capital punishment.
Minor girl raped in Northeast Delhi
A class I student was raped allegedly by her 33-year-old neighbour in Northeast Delhi’s GTB Enclave area on Sunday evening. The accused has been identified as Ravinder, a resident of Tahirpur. Police said the man lured the girl with food and took her to a secluded area, where he allegedly raped her. When the girl raised an alarm, he left the girl there and fled.
A senior police officer said, “Residents of the area found the girl crying and took her to her parents. She complained of pain and told her parents about the incident. A case has been registered and medical examination of the girl has confirmed rape.”