After the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) suspended 17 officials on Saturday owing to allegations of corruption and unethical behaviour, the vigilance department of the council said action against the erring officials will be taken only after charges are ascertained.
“An NGO sent us CDs with audio visual recordings showing our officials accepting bribes. All the officials are from Roads Division, one and two,” NDMC Director, Vigilance, Kulanand Joshi said.
NDMC is yet to issue showcause notices to the 17 employees. Joshi said the Vigilance department is looking for more specific information before framing charges and sending notices to the employees.
The Vigilance department on Tuesday sent a notice to the NGO asking for specific details regarding contracts for which bribes were sought and the date and time of the events concerning the employees of the council.
“Someone could be innocent. We need to be sure that we are not punishing them. Hence details will be taken from the NGO before a chargesheet is prepared,” Joshi said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On June 28, the CDs containing two years’ worth of footage allegedly implicating several NDMC officials was handed over to the Engineering department.
The officials include an Assistant Engineer, a Junior Engineer, a draftsman and Accounts Officer and the Data Entry Officer – all from the civil engineering division of the council. The matter has been referred to the Anti-Corruption Bureau of the Delhi government for further investigation.