The North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) on Saturday ordered an inquiry into the building collapse in Tulsi Nagar area which has left four persons dead.
The area falls under Inderlok in Karol Bagh Zone of the NDMC. The building was about 50 years old. “The Commissioner has ordered an inquiry into the incident under Additional Commissioner (Engineering) of the corporation and errant civic officials in this connection will not be spared, if found guilty of any irregularity,” NDMC Public Relations Officer, Yogendra Singh Mann said.
An NDMC team is working at the spot to remove the debris. “Our immediate priority is to safeguard lives at this juncture and, therefore, a municipal team has already been deployed at the site of collapse to remove debris at the earliest,” he said. Asked what could have been the reason for the collapse, Mann said though it was “too early to comment, we suspect a foundation digging in the neighbouring plot, could be one of the plausible reasons.”
“A notice was also sent to the neighbouring plot to stop construction earlier, but by continuing to dig, they have violated the order and hence due action will be taken against that party, if found guilty post the municipal inquiry,” he said.
Recently, three persons were killed and 12 others injured when a three-storey under-construction building collapsed in Sadar Bazar area.
In its pre-monsoon survey for the first four months of the year, the NDMC had found 140 buildings in north Delhi as dangerous. A total of 144 buildings were identified as dangerous for the period, with Sadar Paharganj zone alone accounting for 137 such structures, according to the survey report recently released by the NDMC.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While one building in Karol Bagh Zone and four in the City Zone were identified as dangerous, two structures were flagged in Rohini Zone where partial demolition has taken place, it said.