The Andheri police Saturday detained 25 NCP workers for allegedly burning posters and effigies of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejrival at AAP’s office in Chakala, Andheri (East).
The police also detained more than 40 AAP members in preventive action as they were about to march to the NCP office at Juhu Galli to protest.
Officers from Andheri police station said NCP workers went to the AAP office located at Nanakwadi in Chakala in Andheri east on Saturday afternoon and barged inside.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
An AAP spokesperson said 20-25 workers of the NCP barged in and took away the life-size cut-out of Kejriwal. “They then proceeded to burn the cut-out and smeared our party banners with ink,” said the spokesperson, adding that a complaint had been registered at the Andheri police station.
“The NCP’s move seems to be a reaction to our expose of the power scam in the state that has now brought state’s power minister and NCP leader Ajit Pawar into public scrutiny. Our party decided to respond to the attack by sweeping the ground outside the NCP office at Juhu,” said Radhika Nair from the AAP.
She added that party’s national convener Mayank Gandhi was intercepted and detained by the police on his way to the NCP office.
“We detained the AAP members as preventive action,” said Pravin Gosavi, senior police inspector of Andheri police station.