The Andheri police Saturday detained 25 NCP workers for allegedly burning posters and effigies of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejrival at AAP’s office in Chakala, Andheri (East).
The police also detained more than 40 AAP members in preventive action as they were about to march to the NCP office at Juhu Galli to protest.
Officers from Andheri police station said NCP workers went to the AAP office located at Nanakwadi in Chakala in Andheri east on Saturday afternoon and barged inside.
An AAP spokesperson said 20-25 workers of the NCP barged in and took away the life-size cut-out of Kejriwal. “They then proceeded to burn the cut-out and smeared our party banners with ink,” said the spokesperson, adding that a complaint had been registered at the Andheri police station.
“The NCP’s move seems to be a reaction to our expose of the power scam in the state that has now brought state’s power minister and NCP leader Ajit Pawar into public scrutiny. Our party decided to respond to the attack by sweeping the ground outside the NCP office at Juhu,” said Radhika Nair from the AAP.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
She added that party’s national convener Mayank Gandhi was intercepted and detained by the police on his way to the NCP office.
“We detained the AAP members as preventive action,” said Pravin Gosavi, senior police inspector of Andheri police station.