Five months ago, two juveniles who were fond of dancing and in need of money to make it to a popular TV reality show allegedly abducted and murdered a 13-year-old student.
After they were apprehended by police, the two never spoke. However, the recent arrest of the male juvenile in a separate crime has sent the girl’s mother into a panic. “It is scary as I never thought he would commit another crime again. I have kept my daughter at a distance from the boy’s family,” she says.
- Three-year-old girl raped by juvenile in northeast Delhi, say police
- A marriage: Amid controversy over Buddhist-Muslim union, Stanzin Saldon, Murtaza Agha get wedding reception
- How has a marriage become a regional issue, asks family of Ladakh man
- Meet Anam- One of the three petitioners seeking criminalisation of marital rape
- Teen found hanging, kin blame Blue Whale
- Video of sexual assault ‘leaked’: Shamli teen dies of burn injuries
The mother says she occasionally meets the boy’s family in court. She adds, “Last time when I met the family, the boy’s father said he is keeping tabs on his son,” she says.
The girl had started three dance academies along with the boy, but all had failed. Although she was good at studies, she was more interested in dancing, says the mother. However, things have changed drastically after the incident. She has taken away her daughter’s mobile phone and drops her personally to the educational institute where she goes for computer training.
She also secured a seat for her daughter in a DU college.