Work on the Delhis Monorail project will not begin this year. Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday said the government would not take up the project in a hurry before the Assembly polls,scheduled for later this year.
The work on the monorail project – to come up on an 11-km stretch from Shastri Park Metro station to Trilokpuri was estimated to cost Rs 2,235 crore. It was expected to start this year and be completed by 2017.
We are in no hurry to implement the monorail project and would not be taking it up before the code of conduct is implemented. The detailed project report,showing the alignment of the corridor in East Delhi,has still not been presented to me. Companies from Malaysia and Tokyo have shown interest in participating in the project,but we will not be taking it up before the Assembly elections, Dikshit said.
Referring to the rapid rail link projects to be taken up in NCR,Diskhit said,To improve public transport and general connectivity,Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) is being introduced in NCR. National Capital Region Transport Corporation Limited will be formed for this purpose.
This Urban Development ministry will be constructing three RRTS corridors connecting Delhi with Panipat,Alwar and Meerut.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sources said the monorail project file was currently pending with the finance department.
The file was sent to finance department for clearance. There were some issues relating to the finance model that should be adopted. The government was looking at having a funding pattern similar to the Delhi Metro. We are also considering the build-operate-transfer model for this project, a senior government official said.
While announcing the project,the government had claimed that it would help take public transport to the doorstep of those living in congested colonies. It is easier and cheaper to lay monorail lines than Metro tracks. The Monorail can also take sharp curves,which a Metro track cannot,and can reach even densely populated localities.
RITES has already carried out a techno economic feasibility study for this corridor. The Delhi Metro has also reviewed the detailed project report and submitted its report to the government.