Tapping into the burgeoning popularity of social media among the youth in the country, FameBox’s YouTube channel is geared up to air a quirky web-based reality show named Beauty & the Blogger by the end of this month. The show will be hosted by VJ-actor Cyrus Sahukar, while the contestants will be mentored by TV anchor-model Anusha Dandekar and blogger Malini Agarwal. Eight models and eight active bloggers would be paired against each other with each model-blogger team facing multiple challenges.
The show, shot at Pune’s Corinthian’s Club, has models engaging in tasks, while the bloggers blog live about the same and disseminate the happenings on social networking sites. The events will later be released as episodes on YouTube. Dhruvank Vaidya from FameBox, the man behind the show talks about the glamour of social media buzz. Excerpts:
Tell us about the concept
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Beauty & the Blogger is built to leverage the high interactivity provided by social media and the excitement provided by a reality show. Models bring in glamour while bloggers provide the social media buzz. The winners are chosen based on their performance in the on-ground event and the chatter they generate.
Is there a market for online reality shows, especially when TV is overflowing with them?
Consumption patterns are changing. TV content is now being seen online. Youth between the age groups of 18 to 24 now watch much of their content on their portable devices. Entries for the show poured in from contestants belonging to varied backgrounds including teachers, entrepreneurs, psychologists, business analysts, homemakers and students across cities.
What is the future of web reality shows?
In the increasingly mobile environment of today, the length of the show doesn’t matter — what matters is how engaging and accessible the content is, and how viewer participation can be made integral to the show format. With a digitally savvy, social-media addicted and mobile-driven youth, there is a need to create original content that caters to this growing segment. Web-based reality shows, which leverage the power of this interactive medium, are only going to grow.
Are there any more such shows planned?
We will be doing one new show every quarter, with plans to launch properties in comedy, music and fashion spaces.
With inputs from Aishwaria Sonavane